IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is popular worldwide with speakers of English as a second language as proof of their proficiency. IELTS is jointly owned and managed by the British Council, Cambridge English Language Assessment and IDP Education Australia.
If you plan to enroll at a university or college, apply to business organisations, or register for a visa from government agencies in countries such as the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada, the IELTS test can help you reach your education, career or life goals.
The IELTS language certificate can open avenues to international academic and professional opportunities in many institutions and places in the world where English is used.
It has an excellent international reputation, and is accepted by over 9,000 organisations worldwide, including schools, universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies.
Importance of IELTS
One needs IELTS certificate if you plan to immigrate to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, to study in the higher educational institutions of these countries, as well as Irish, British or American universities. The number of institutions that recognize the results of IELTS continues to increase across the world.
• Listening: One needs to understand the spoken English in both the formal situations as well as in everyday life.
• Reading: It assesses the reading skills and searching the important information from the sources allocated in very quick and right manner.
• Writing: After collecting relevant information and channelizing the thoughts the students are asked to pen down their thoughts in the form of an essay or a report.
•Speaking: The student has to ask for specific information, answer questions about him or her and have the capacity of express their views in different situations.
Benefits of IELTS
Some immigrations programs like Australia General Skilled Migration Program require both the participant as well as the spouse to appear for the IELTS test. IELTS is supposed to be the perfect benchmark for evaluating the language skills. It also helps the students to find out the apt employment opportunities.
Some of the benefits and reasons why it is important to take IELTS test are:
• IELTS score of applicant helps the immigration officer to judge their English language skills.
• Helps in judging the applicant on other criteria too like reading abilities, listening capabilities, understanding power, and speaking skills.
• It holds international acceptance
• IELTS is the integral part of some very vital aspects of the immigration processes for example General Skilled Migration Program, Study Visa.
In addition to these entire benefits IELTS exam helps the applicant to analyze their English language skills in very polished form allowing them to apply for any specific course as per their IELTS rankings or scores.
Thus if the student is able to achieve target IELTS score he/she will be very confident and at the same time the college would also be very confident about the brilliance and the eligibility level of student. This is just a glimpse of the importance IELTS exam holds for the students or immigrants around the world.